We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our office is back and has been operating at the highest level of safe patient care since June 1, 2020. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association® (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the State of CT Dept of Health (CTDOH).
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. Some of them include the following:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand and/or at the front desk to ask some screening questions.
- PLEASE do not come for your appointment if you are not feeling well. We are happy to reschedule.
- We have hand sanitizer located around the office and ask that you use it upon entering the office.
- We ask that you do not bring anyone else with you to your appointment unless you need them to drive you or assist you in any way. This will greatly help us in following social distancing guidelines.
- Please wear a mask when entering the office.
- After your questionnaire is complete, we will be taking your temperature with a non-contact infrared thermometer. Anyone who needs to wait for you will also be asked to wear a mask in the waiting room (or wait in the car if needed).
- We have missed you, and would love to hug you and talk with you, but we must keep all talking to a minimum in the operatories and in the common area in order to maintain social distancing and allow time to disinfect between patients. We thank you for your understanding.
- IF YOUR INFORMATION HAS CHANGED AT ALL – health history, address, insurance, etc. Please go to www.robertemiliodds.com and scroll down to Patient Forms. This will take you to all the forms and you can fill them out online.
- If you become ill up to 21 days after seeing us, please call and let us know.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.